View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
copeab

Default How much should I tell?

I'm going to post a notecard advertising for players at the new game store, and I have decided to add a URL to a page going into more detail than what is on the card.

Part of the web page will be "this is how I GM and what I like" section. However, I might be going into too much detail or leaving things out. Comments welcome.

--------------------------
I'm going into more detail about what I like to run here, as compared to the index card.

A few starting notes:

I am an improvisational GM. I have very few details written down before I start an adventure. I find that few plans survive the players and detailed planning only encourages
railroading at worst and wasted time at best.

I do not like to kill PCs. You have to play your character extremely stupidly or suicidally for him to die. Rest assured, however, that I can still make life miserable for characters who fail badly.

I do not tolerate PCs attacking other PCs. This is the fasted way for a campaign to come to a crashing end. This does not include trying to subdue a PC who is being controlled by an alien/demon/etc.

There are some campaigns I won't run. These include ones where the PCs are vampires or are serious, costumed superheroes.

I played class/level systems for nearly 15 years. I don't find them as good as skill- or point-based systems and have no interest running them (exception: Talislanta).

I have more of a preference for mystery and horror than fantasy and sci-fi. I especially like to mix magic and technology (especially weird science).

GURPS 3e stuff: http://copeab.tripod.com
copeab is offline   Reply With Quote