View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #9
Grayscale

Default Re: Combining GURPS and Hackmaster combat system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Jokes aside, I can appreciate what the Hackmaster designers are looking to achieve: attack speeds that allow for one attack to be slightly faster or slightly slower than another. The system does allow that, though apparently by making the pace of all weapon attacks crazy slow. Not a solution I'm warm to personally, but again, I can appreciate what they're aiming for.

(Final note: I'm basing those comments on a cursory read of the rules. If I'm way off, smack me upside the head.)
Thanks for the input! You actually hit the nail on the head, I think: I do want some weapons attacking faster than others (like daggers being much faster than halberds). Ofc, GURPS models that with the ready action, but I think some more diversity among the weapons could be interesting.

One of the things that make characthers less idle in combat is the way movement works in Hackmaster: if your move speed is 30 feet, on second 1 that you start moving you move only 10 feet, on second 2 you can move up to 20 feet and so on. So you'd spend some of the seconds moving about, I believe. (something along these lines, can remember precisely the increase rates).
Grayscale is offline   Reply With Quote