View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #13
Polydamas

Default Re: Rcl stat for ROF 1 weapons, what's the point?

Look at the reverse: would it have been smart for SJ Games to not bother publishing a guns stat it could easily generate, on the assumption that no author would ever invent a use for it? They needed that column in the tables for weapons which can shoot more than once a second, and needed to proofread even rows that said "-", so leaving it out would have been pointless.

A quick and dirty way to generate a multi-barrelled version of a gun is to add +1 RoF, +1 Shots, and a percentage to cost and weight. LT often adjusts Rcl and Bulk for multi-barrelled weapons; HT seems much more conservative. I am surprised that they change Bulk, since thickness is the smallest dimension of most guns, but I trust their firearms experts. Edit: And please note the "quick and dirty": I'm talking about a formula that can be applied in a minute, not something like the firearms design rules in the old Vehicles, or Doug's private firearms model.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature

Last edited by Polydamas; 05-09-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote