View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #1
Dancincoreo

Default Clarification of Mate

Me and a few of my friends were in a debate on the use of Mate. I ready the below post from 2012:

"Igor has it mostly right. It is important to note that the copied Monster is a separate Monster that continually copies the original, so any Monster enhancers played on the original, either before or after Mate gets played, affect the copy as well. The original Monster is the only one of the two that should get Enhancers played on it, for simplicity's sake. Since it is a separate Monster, it can be removed by a Wizard's charm spell, or a card like Pollymorph Potion; if you kill it, you get Level rewards and Treasure rewards equal to the original; if you have to Run Away, you have to Run Away from the copy and the original separately, and the copy will have the same Bad Stuff as the original."

My thought process is exactly this. However, the card itself does not state it continues to gain the enhancements from the monster itself it just says "Another monster appears of the same Level with all the same Monster Enhancers. if the monsters are defeated, draw treasure for each and go up levels for each". So I want to play a +10 to the monster the mate receives the same thing whether to buff or de-buff the monster. Is that correct or does it just gain the level of the monster and the enhancers at the time the mate is played and nothing else enhances it?

Another question is, if the original monster is destroyed by, say, the Wizards Charm Spell, at the time its destroyed does the Mate KEEP all the enhancements that were done to the original since it or does the Mate simply go away since there is no longer an original to duplicate?
Dancincoreo is offline   Reply With Quote