View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #33
Parody

Default Re: Targeting modifiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Loosely-related: Is there any better place than this to toss player aid files like this? If nothing else I guess I'll throw it on BoardGameGeek's files section, though it doesn't seem like that's very well used.
You're talking about files for a game that was out of print for 15 years, from a company that had a very non-permissive game aids policy for the first half of that time (up until late 2006). Not many people have been making files for Car Wars.

I recommend making your own website for writing about and hosting files. I don't post anything on BGG; all of our Car Wars stuff is on the SPARK website and all of my other game aids are on my personal website, esglabs.com. Both are hosted at a hosting service for which I pay about a $100 a year. The service includes many choices for site software if you don't want to write everything yourself.

As far as the files themselves, there's a bunch of free and paid file sharing services out there. A personal Dropbox works fine for low numbers of downloads, but if you want more suggestions Wikipedia has a category for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjamma4 View Post
I use it all the time - especially since I cannot access dropbox.
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Comments/suggestions/criticism welcome of course.
It's hard to comment on a new player aid, being a relatively old Car Wars player, but I'll try. It seems fiddly, switching out cards every turn (until you reach your favorite speed, if you get to stay there) and keeping track of handling using physical implements vs. writing it on your sheet. It would work better as a booklet than a bunch of cards, which has already been mentioned.

We talk though movement and targeting/handling/crash table rolls, so even if you don't have that stuff memorized or have a chart right in front of you it'll be announced for everyone to double-check. Different cultures.

Regardless, if it helps your players then I'm glad.

Last edited by Parody; 06-03-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote