View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
dfinlay

Default Affliction: Luck and similar limited use abilities

I want to create a character which can bless people with the Luck advantage, giving them a future lucky break. The thing is, luck can only be used once per hour game time (or once per day real time). The affliction, by a literal reading, would give a new luck advantage each usage and thus could effectively be used an unlimited amount of times. This seems over-powered. I'm not sure what the appropriate way to deal with afflicting limited use abilities. Perhaps the affliction can only be used once per X or perhaps it should only be usable once per X on each target.

The other complicating factor is that this is intended to be a Sorcery spell, so then the question of limited use becomes even more complicated. According to what was stated here: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...nate+abilities, if the affliction is disabled for the rest of the day, Sorcery probably should be as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
An entire AA set is disabled if any one of the abilities runs out of ammo. However, nothing in RAW prevents you from using N-1 shots on each ability. Again, you could have a global ER to share if you want use of any ability to reduce the resources available to all the others.
From a world-building point-of-view, this seems really odd to me, though, that unlike almost any other spell, this spell disables all spell-casting for a day when cast. Thoughts?
dfinlay is offline   Reply With Quote