View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
weby

Default Re: Converting Cabal spirits to 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Movement is mostly covered by the Insubstantiality advantage, but these spirits are able to "ride" in a vehicle at the cost of 1 FP/hour. Is that minor enough to handwave or should it be a modifier on Insubstantiality?
I would likely rate that as a perk level thing.

Quote:
Also, how should their ability to instantly transport themselves into the presence of someone who ritually invokes their name be handled? I was thinking about a modified Warp, but this ability implies they can instantly travel across any of the Realms.
Warp Jump allows both warping and jumping at same time.

Quote:
Dream Travel is one of the first major stops for me. At first, I thought it was something like Jumper (Dream World), but now I'm not so sure. Cabal says on pg. 95 that the spirit can communicate with the person whose dream they have entered (which they can already do via their telecommunication) and, at worst, give that person a Fright Check from a nightmare. I suppose this is best represented as Terror, Active with some Accessibility limitation for being "Only in dreams." Does that sound correct to you?
likely

Quote:
Possession is mostly the Possession advantage, except that Cabal spirits have a much smaller time limit, which can vary by spending more FP and taking a minus to their Will roll. I'm not sure exactly how to model that.
Reduced duration on the base possession and a power technique to increase the duration.

Quote:
Probability Alteration is difficult for me because I don't know how to model it without making a complicated grouping of Afflictions (Luck, Unluckiness, etc.). I'm not aware of a system in 4e that lets you modify rolls like this power is written up.
There is none. You could just ignore it and use afflict luck/unluck or build an afflict that has variable FP cost and as example increases or reduces any attribute with a limitation "single roll only".. or something similar

Quote:
Materialization is mostly covered by the Insubstantial and Invisibility advantages. However, spirits are able to create sounds at varying fatigue costs. I think this implies Cannot Speak (Insubstantial only), but how to represent the ability to spend fatigue to make sounds? They're also able to change their visible forms, which sounds like Morph (Cosmetic) to me.
spend fatigue to make sounds=Create(sound)