View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #44
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
Isn't the Weaver primarily a Werewolf thing? I really don't know Werewolf at all well; it didn't have the attraction for me of Mage or Wraith. I kind of have the impression that the source of static reality in Mage isn't some primordial spirit, but the activities of the Technocracy.

But I'm also not sure that this solves the problem. If you say that the Nephandi are there to destroy the universe because the Weaver has put it out of balance, that seems to be making the Weaver, or the Technocracy, the objectively evil element. And then you still don't seem to have true relativism, because you still have objective evil, don't you?
The Weaver's POV is that the Wyrm was a threat to reality and needed to be imprisoned. The Technocracy thinks that a rational worldview is superior, for what should be obvious reasons, but essentially amounts to logical positivism.

Order is stasis. Rebirth is destruction. Freedom is chaos. It all depends on your point of view.

The thing is that the Nephandi still want to destroy the universe, which most people, including the traditions and the conventions aren't going to see as a good thing. But the other side of that is a view that maintaining or modifying a sick universe rather than letting it be reborn is misguided.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 09-07-2017 at 09:42 PM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote