View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Azulan47

Default [Powers] Super Cost Fatigue Limitation

So I'm working on writing up abilities for a new campaign where the powers have an exponential cost. However, I have yet to find anything that models that well. Initially I was considering applying the Super Effort modifier (Powers, p.58) to the Cost Fatigue limitation to tie the fatigue cost to the Size and Speed/Range Table (p. B550), but I'm not sure if the limitation value is correct, or if is going to work the way I think it does.

Basically this is what I've done:
Super Cost Fatigue (Varies)
Cost Fatigue (-5%/-10%) * [1 + Super Effort (+400%)] / [1 - Cost Fatigue (-10%)]
or rather
Super Cost Fatigue (-30%/55%)
You can truly push the limits of your power with increasing costs. Your power works as usual, but look up the Fatigue cost in the Size column of the Size and Speed/Range Table (p. B550), read across to the Linear Measurement column, and use that number as your Fatigue cost for the use of your power. If the cost is per use or per minute, this limitation is worth -30%. If the cost must be paid per second, the value of this limitation is -55%.

Is this limitation worth the effect? Is it clear how the limitation is supposed to work? Is there a better way of doing this? Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
Azulan47 is offline   Reply With Quote