View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:33 AM   #7
Damon Griffin

Default Re: Fantasy hypothetical dream Munchkin sets thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I am a ginormous B5 fanboy...
As am I. I've been buying the limited edition printed collections of scripts, collected quotes, trivia, etc.

Quote:
...the potential audience is too small to make it a worthwhile effort.
And so I find this very sad, though [again, sadly] not surprising.

Quote:
You're thinking too small. Munchkin Pulp covers all that and more. Unfortunately, that's close enough to Munchkin Steampunk that we're unlikely to do Pulp as well.

Munchkin Pulp
would be too broad for my tastes. While it does overlap steampunk, it also overlaps western (The Good, the Bad and the Munchkin), space opera (Star Munchkin), detective/true crime (hmmm...Munchkin Noir), and several others. You'd be mixing too many things at once, and as a result (a) none of the pulp subgenres would be adequately represented in a 168-card set, and (b) 15-card expansion packs might have no coordinating theme because they'd be spread across multiple subgenres.

If a Munchkin Pulp set were ever to appear, I'd want to narrow its focus to "hero pulps": Doc Savage, the Shadow, the Avenger, the Spider, Domino Lady, Golden Amazon and their ilk. Such a set would mesh well with Steampunk, but needn't be so similar as to be considered a duplication. But hero pulp fans are a dying breed, so... :(
Damon Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote