View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #1002
JackShadow

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
I've had fun playing Munckin in the past, but it's not really something I personally find as something I'd want to invest in or collect or spend a lot of time with, whereas GURPS could be. It's more of an occasional pastime. Indeed, I have been quite surprised by the continuing market power and lasting appeal of Munckin in the market. To me, it's a fun occasional diversion to play on a game night when nobody's ready to run an RPG, along with Chez Geek and Strange Synergy. But, then, I know that what appeals to the masses and what appeals to me frequently don't line up.
Every time SJG announces another version of Munchkin, especially a Guest Artist Edition which is essentially just a repeat of a game that's already out there, I just shake my head in wonder at the juggernaut it has become. I loved Munchkin from when it first came out. I have the first edition. But after trying a couple of the other styles, I pretty much just play my regular Deluxe edition. I haven't bought anything for it in years. I'm very glad for their success but I am obviously NOT the target audience. I'll just sit in the corner with my occasional GURPS PDF reading Pyramid, hoping those stay profitable enough for them to keep making them. :)
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote