View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #24
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Independent Innate Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Does Reflexive mean that it would parry the first legal 'target' (attack) that it can, or would I be able to hold it back in case I miss a shield block or parry with my weapon?
That way, as mentioned in a later post, if I want to use the skill as an attack later in the same round, I don't need to get multi-strike, or a rate of fire of more than 1 (depending on who you ask). Unless the use as a defense doesn't count against the use as an attack. It's not unbalanced, after all.
Still, the question stands... Does it need to be used against the first possible attack because it's 'reflexive', or can I hold it back for another attack?
I wouldn't charge more than an extra 10% to make it always wait until you've attempted another active defense roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Shaun is actually one of the players in my DF campaign.
The situation is that he's trying to do a 'power defense'* using the halo/innate attack power. While I'm OK with the concept of a 'point defense system' the 11 point extra arm build (on page 1) seams too cheap for what he is getting.

* If you are unfamiliar with power defense see either Powers or Psionic Powers, it's explained there.
That build would still be based on his Parry skill, and take the same penalties as multiple parries normally would. He'll also need to put points into Missile Parry if he wants to stop ranged attacks.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote