View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #43
ak_aramis

Default Re: O'Neill Cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
You always change ends at half time.

I wouldn't think that would matter much. Players' ability to pass a ball for distance already far exceeds the range where it is tactically wise to do so. A long pass in Rugby isn't called a "hospital pass" for nothing. In any case, it can't be worse than beach Rugby. Nothing is worse than beach Rugby. Nearly lost a PC in a game of beach Rugby once.
Having watched plenty of rugby and gridiron , I've noticed that when the wind is significant to one side of the pitch, it can drastically influence play strategies; also, switching ends doesn't even things out as much as might be implied; second half tends to be a bit slower for most of the teams I've seen play. A disadvantageous wind along the length of the pitch tends to help the team initially attacking from up wind a bit more than the second, as the first team with the advantage tends to make better use of it.

And a 15% easier in antispin vs 15% harder spin throw definitely means sufficient difference to alter play... and a lot more missed throws due to differences in ball performance.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote