View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #15
Skarg

Default Re: Misc. Spell questions

Chris, yes, clever...

To my mind, anyway, those are all extra reasons to not let Aid ST convert injury into fatigue like that.

We always played that Aid ST would at best keep someone alive who'd otherwise be dead, for two turns - it increases your ST, but doesn't heal nor soak any wounds at all. So it's of pretty limited use, but could be used to buy time to drink a healing potion or cast a final spell or do or say something else useful.

The new death rules in the new ITL make it even less useful for that, since it's now allowed to physick and pour healing potions into recently-dead people to recover them before really dead.

hcobb:

* Good question about Clearheadedness - I also wonder if it covers DX loss due to injury?

* I don't know what you mean by "rolling the miss the subject" (typo?).

* Invisible floor spells which cover a megahex affect the megahex around the target hex, which is secret and does not have to correspond to the megahexes drawn on the map. So no people don't know which adjacent hexes are also slippery

* IIRC Conceal is for static objects and Unnoticeability is for animate figures, so they would never have the same subject, although a Concealed object could be on an Unnoticeable figure, in which case I'd say observers need to notice the figure before they could notice the Concealed object on the figure.

* Dang I hope staff mana doesn't apply to the Death Spell! I would say no.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote