Old 04-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #69
tshiggins

Default Re: [ATE] Farming example

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
A place to call home

(SNIP)

Edit
Is this too nice? Should a toxic element be added?
Nah. Not every place will suck. There's bound to be a few spots, here and there, where people got their acts together, pretty quickly, had decent resources available, and made smart choices about how to use them.

Of course, in AtE's setting, those communities will be called "havens" or "oases" by many, and "targets" by bandits.

One of the best things any GM can do, in any game, is to give the PCs something worth fighting to defend.

Speaking of which (and here's a cool idea), how would you write up the petroleum station, in The Road Warrior?

Wells for oil and (especially) natural gas produce water as a byproduct, just because it gets pumped out the same as everything else. Usually, it winds up dumped in a retaining pond or (if clean enough -- and sometimes not) discharged into a local stream. Carefully husbanded, that could form the basis for a small community of no more than about three dozen people, which is what we see, there.

It's got at least a couple of camels, as well as pigs and a few chickens. The camels can probably graze on the scrub, and the pigs and chickens can eat scraps. I don't see greenhouses, but I'm not sure they'd need them. What would they grow, there? Grains and vegetables?

They'd definitely exist on the ragged edge, that's for sure, which makes their situation during the siege by Humungus so very desperate.

Last edited by tshiggins; 04-23-2016 at 03:05 PM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote