View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #25
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#56): Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
It's listed on B. 38: "Special Abilities: Your Ally wields power out of proportion to his point value."
Thanks! Embarrassing I kept missing it, but hopefully, I'll remember from now on. XP

Hmm... something I might have to bring up over in the Ally thread: should this be a thing? Patron's can be abstract entities, but Allies (and Patron's that are a single character) could just have an Unusual Background cost factored in to cover such CP value/efficacy discrepancies. with a UB, you can tailor it better as well, and have it directly address those Special Abilities.

Of course, I can also see the issue with this approach as well; normally an Unusual Background is about balancing the character in terms of how that character would function when compared to the PC's... and this is about how the character functions with regards to a certain role assumed on behalf of the PC's. Plus, the multipliers for things like Frequency of Appearance could further complicate the matter.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote