View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: I have a query about imbuements. Of the Defensive kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
Alright. I appreciate it very much. That pretty much answers my questions.

I only have one question now. Why does it cost every time you absorbe damage?

Don't the others work until ones next turn after activating them?
Sorry, yes, you're correct. Once you've activated it once, you get the benefit for the rest of the turn. I was thinking you meant activating it once, and then getting the benefit for the rest of the combat or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
Looking at the "refill ability" of energizing defense. In order to come out to a net plus, you would have to absorbe 4 damage per attack. Along with multiple skill rolls that bog down gameplay. I am confused.
I'm not quite sure how you're figuring the math here? Every point of damage is converted into one point for the pool. You lose 1 point from the pool per second. Therefore, to keep even with the pool, you only need to stop 1 point of damage per second. As discussed above, you only need to roll Energizing Defense once per turn to keep it active, just like other Imbuement skills.

Or were you calculating the cost of recharging the FP that you spend every turn on Energizing Defense into the cost above? In that case, yes, you would need to absorb 4 points of damage per turn to keep the whole thing going, but I think that's not unreasonable. This is a rather potent ability, given that it lets you boost almost any attribute or trait. Resource management is the big balancing factor of all imbuements, so requiring you to absorb a number of damage every turn in order to keep it going indefinitely seems fair to me.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote