View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
Oliver Upshaw

Default What is the Point Cost of a GEV-PC?

What is the cost of a GEV-PC? I remember it costing 6 VPs. Or 1 Armor Unit. So a GEV-PC would cost the same as a GEV/Tank/Missile Tank. However after looking over some of my Ogre Stuff I am now not so sure. Going in order of date of publication I have the following costs.

Shockwave Errata that I found in a copy of Battlesuit at a thrift shop had this note: “3.05 The victory point value for a GEV-PC should be 3. A Cruise Missile has a value of 12 – that is, you lose 12 VP for expending a Cruise Missile.” As Battlesuit was published back in the 80’s I would say that this bit of Errata is for the first version of Shockwave. So at this point it is 3 Points.

Ogre Miniatures 1992. Page 13 has the GEV-PC as costing 6 Points. However the Reference Card that was at the back of the book lists the cost as 3 Points. However the Errata that I printed out and put in that book with a last update date of 3 May 2000 says that the Reference Card is wrong and the cost is 6 Points. The electronic version of these rules that I got for free after the ODE Campaign also lists the note that the Reference Card is wrong and the cost is 6 Points. So at this point it is 6 Points.

Shockwave 2000 Printing. Rule 3.014 and 3.05 have a value of 6 Points for the GEV-PC. So at this point it is 6 Points.

ODE Rules. Page 7 of the Rules and Page 12 of the Scenarios do not list the GEV-PC as being a half an Armor Unit or two Armor Units. This leads me to conclude that it is worth one Armor Unit or 6 Points. So at this point it is 6 Points.

Ogre Miniatures 2nd Edition. Rulebook Page 14 has the cost as 6 Points. 2 page insert on page 1 the cost is listed as 3 Points. 8 page insert on page 1 the cost is listed as 3 Points, but page 7 has the cost at 6 Points. So 2 votes for 6 Points and 2 votes for 3 Points. Cost for GEV-PC at this point is - ??????
Oliver Upshaw is offline   Reply With Quote