View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #39
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: DJ's Gaming Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
What about Techniques? You're rather pricing them even more out of favor by reducing skill costs below 4 per level.
There are plenty of ways to handle that. I'm inclined to treat techniques as limited versions of the skill. That would be a way to do it.

Or you could just divide the cost of the techniques by the reduction that has been applied to the skill price in my pricing system. If a skill costs half as much as it did under the RAW (2/level instead of 4/level), then you can now charge half as much per level of the technique.

The only real issue I see here is one of point granularity. If you want to buy a technique of a skill that costs 1/level, then maybe that technique should cost a quarter of a point per level, and we don't have quarter-points. If you're willing to go that far, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed.

There are plenty of different ways to do this that seem reasonable. I would just pick which one you like the most and try it out.

My perfect world pie-in-the-sky solution would be to multiply all the trait costs by ten, so we would have the granularity to do things like apply modifiers to traits that now cost only a single character point. But even I am reluctant to go that far. I'd have to have players extremely devoted to messing around with the rules to try that out.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote