Thread: DFRPG for kids
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Dalin

Default Re: DFRPG for kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
In play, I suspect you could share one set between two groups. It's broken up into multiple parts that make sharing easy. For character generation, I think the need for everybody to use the first book means you can only have one group making characters at a time.
Yes. For character creation, honestly, even sharing one Adventurers book with four or five students at a table would be a stretch. I'll recommend strongly against it. But I figured sharing the rules would work ok, especially if I help GMs figure out how to plausibly wing most situations. I'm not sure if having a few printed copies of GURPS Lite would help or just confuse everybody.

In the past, most students have preferred not to run published adventures, even when we have them available. The GMs whip stuff up on their own. When I've run tables (I often run a table for complete novices), I tend to improvise my own material too, since it's easier to fit a great encounter into each 45-minute segment. It's actually a pretty fun way to game. You have to skip just about everything except the key scenes. With DFRPG, I'm guessing most players will want to start with something pre-written until they get the hang of it.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote