Thread: TFT Defense
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
pyratejohn

Default Re: TFT Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
I just realized that there's already a parry rule in TFT. A figure with a main gauche can stop 1 hit.

With two weapons talent, a figure can parry with one or both swords, stopping 2 or 4 hits respectively. Of course, the figure loses his attack if he parries.
Are you referring to the "Left-Handed Weapons" rules on AdvMelee page 13? If so, I just came across this myself. Yes, I've decided it is high time to go back a re-read all of the Advanced Melee and TFT rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
So allow a "parry/riposte" - you stop 2 points of damage, but are at -2 DX on your attack.

Absorbing damage more or less produces the right result - it degrades smaller weapons far more than larger weapons.

You could grant the "parry/ripost" ability as part of Sword or Fencing talents. Or, make it a separate talent.

It's clean and simple. It also affects smaller weapons significantly. And the modifications are handled solely by the player, which keeps the game moving.
Yes, I agree. It seems quick and easy and in keeping with the spirit of the original rules.