View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
43Supporter

Default Re: Racing Design Guidelines

Back-when, I used the following design restrictions for my racing events:

1) 1 space of weaponry per $15,000 of vehicle, rounded down (this means D5 and D10 are hand-weapons-only).

2) No individual weapon may inflict more than 6 points of damage per shot. This includes weapons which start fires, or which attack more than one side of a vehicle at a time (FCEs and such). [Linking weapons is still allowed.]

3) No dropped weapons of any kind. This includes any weapon which leaves a counter on the map surface for any length of time (so no grenades, not even Impact-fused ones).

4) No weapons fire of any kind permitted until a vehicle has completed one full lap of the course. [This includes Bumper Triggers and such -- too many players tried to circumvent this restriction by ramming so as to set of BT-ed weapons.]

As to the spoiler|airdam|shocks issue: It depends greatly on the track one is using -- most tracks are wide enough, one can get away with never having to make a control roll under normal circumstances. (I have in my files a road course which is 0.6 miles long, on *one* CW mapsheet; my old group couldn't deal with it, as it actually required cars to slow down....) I suppose one could ban such items, but that's up to the conscience of the GM. :)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote