View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #75
Shiftkitty

Location: A little south of Heaven and a little north of Hell.
Default Re: Another 2000 Things I Am No Longer Allowed To Do In An RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed the Coastie View Post
*shaking head* We would do things like convince the other PCs that a particular number of completely random and unrelated encounters were evidence of a conspiracy led by Mungo the Merciless, who was either a Red Wizard of Thay (if we were not in the Forgotten Realms) or one of the Slavelords (if we were not in Greyhawk). Any suspicious-looking cloud could actually be a disguised Flying Carpet upon which Mungo had mounted a heavy-duty Staff of Mind Control in a light ballista frame; the only defense against the Flying Mind Control Staff was a skullcap made of gold foil, which we were more than happy to sell to the other PCs at cost of materials plus a small markup to accommodate the labor that went into the manufacture...

The problem for the GM was that every time she tried to incorporate one of our creations in her game, we would abandon that particular sub-plot and come up with a new one. She finally gave up and just told us to cease and desist after my buddy (a dwarf sorcerer) and I (a half-orc bard) managed to create opposing religions inspired by differing interpretations of a mythological figure that we had based upon Elvis, then set them against each other in a religious war that split the party into fighting on opposing sides.
This just made beer come out my nose! ROFLMAO!!!