View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #117
NineDaysDead
Banned

Default Re: Rapid Healing and Regeneration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaevictis Asmadi View Post
Actually, I just didn't understand that part. :)
Fair enough.

Quote:
So... minus the crippling issue, the original Regeneration is the entries on your table plus the 5-pt version of your Rapid Healing?
Yes.

Quote:
But then you only pay 11 pts for the actual equivalent of Slow Regeneration (1HP/12 hrs).
No. Under the present system someone with Slow Regeneration (1HP/12 hrs) heals close to 3 hp per day; 1 automatically every 12 hours + rolling at +5 for 1 at 24 hours.

Under my system you would take

10________8 hours (3/day) [Read 10 days instead of months for crippling time]

For 10 points.

Giving you 3 rolls per day. Then take Rapid Healing +5 meaning you automatically succeed at healing rolls for HPs for 5 points.

Total cost 15 points, and you now heal 3 points per day

Quote:
So 4 pts would be the cost of +5 to get over crippling injuries?
No, you need to buy up Health to reduce the odds off lasting/permanent crippling.

However, regeneration reduces the time for temporary/lasting crippling injuries;

Normal guy: Lasting crippling injuries = 1d X 30 days

Guy with Regeneration [10]: Lasting crippling injuries = 1d X 10 days

EDIT:
Since this is just normal healing accelerated, burns should still use the same burn rules on Bio-Tech p131. To be immune to these would be a perk (Rules Exemption) [1].

Bio-tech p139 says you get a -3 penalty to healing rolls for not resting. I would drop this, and instead triple healing times if you don't rest. Based on HT 10 heals 108 hp out of 216 rolls, HT 7 heals 35 hp out of 216 rolls, thats close to a third as slow.

That would put healing 1HP per second whilst in combat at 114 points and 10HP per second whilst in combat at 134 points.

Last edited by NineDaysDead; 05-21-2010 at 04:37 PM.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote