View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: God Slayers [IC]

6PM Eastern Time (10 PM GMT), September 14th, 2014, A tall, strapping young man dressed in a toga walked into the office of the president of the united states. When the guards tried to hold him back, he threw them over twenty feet. When they shot him, the bullets bounced off. When they locked the doors, he ripped them off their hinges. When the president ran, he let the man get a good lead, then disappeared in a flash of light, reappearing in front of the worried man.

"My name is Herazian. I am the new god of this world. I'm aware you may doubt my power. And yet I have no desire to wreck my new domain displaying it. You have one week from noon tomorrow to prove me. I will go to the north pole at noon Green which time. Anyone who fights me there will be forgiven, if they surrender before the time I gave. After the time is up, I will kill any president, any dictator, any legislator, any judge, any constable, and any crook who refuses to obey me. I look forward to working with you."

Herazian disappeared in a flash of light, and showed up in the E.U. To the heads of China. In front of the UN. To the governing bodies of Mexico, India, Brazil, South Africa, Russia, Iran and France. To the heads of the military in every nuclear power. To the heads of corporations, from disney to halaburton to walmart. To all of them he delivered the same message: They had one week to surrender, during which time Herazian would be at the north pole.

At noon on the next day, several nukes went off over the north pole. The first he dodged, teleporting out and returning with a piece of ice to stand on. The the second he weathered, taking the full blasts and ending up wet in the middle of the artic ocean. The rest were blown up in mid air by blasts of fire from his hands.

Needless to say, this guy is all over the news. Speculation is rife. Is he one of the ancient greek gods? Is there a world full of his species? why did he show up now rather than later? Where the ancient gods real?

You know better than the others. Herazian is a Resplendian, a tribe of dieties known for having little connection to the lands they rule. Most of the time they merely demand the lip service of their subjects along with large amounts of luxury. Herazian is one of the younger and more foolish of them -- and one of the most abrasive and demanding. He will not settle for luxury and flattery. This is almost certainly an attempt to gain earth as troops to conquer other worlds. He will have impressive strength, an array of physical and mental defences, and the ability to warp -- not to mention the ability to travel between worlds. His core advantage over earth is his magic invulnerability. Resplendians have weaknesses, but they are not only rather specific, they tend to change over time. Herazian was once vulnerable to the bones of religious sacrifices. That was 1500 years ago. He almost certainly is vulnerable to something else now... perhaps the fire of religious sacrifices, or the bones of dinosaurs, or something else like that.

Humanity doesn't know how to handle this sort of thing. If you want the planet to stay as it is, you will have to take down this would be god.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote