Thread: DFRPG Camp
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 07:32 PM   #13
Dalin

Default Re: DFRPG Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Where was this when I was a kid?
I know. This is part of why I'm running it. It's the sort of thing that I wish had been offered when I was growing up. I'm also continually amazed at how "cool" RPGs have become. There's not nearly as much social stigma around the hobby as there used to be. We've had a bunch of kids sign up just because they thought it sounded interesting; they had no prior experience and no sense that it was "too nerdy" or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
More seriously, do you have a stable enough curriculum, schedule, and process that this can be replicated?
Our "curriculum," as it is, is not yet replicable. Or, rather, it's not yet publishable. Much of it is in our heads. Notes are haphazard. Our slides include many screenshots of copyrighted material. Etc. (Note that we buy all of the rules for the kids, so I think we're mostly legal and certainly respectful of SJG and Gaming Ballistic's intellectual property, but we can't share it publicly on the internet.)

With that said, we do hope to share an overview of where we ended up on our third iteration of the camp, particularly in terms of schedule and process. Probably in this thread soonish.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote