View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #15
Bruno

Default Re: Is it ever possible to retreat 2 yards?

As another comparison,

A default character has Move 5. It takes two levels of Enhanced Move to get that default character's max ground move up to 20. However, Enhanced Move does NOT contribute to your extra step distance.
Other characters with higher Move will take less Enhanced move, but assuming characters in the "humanish adventurer" 5-7 range, the best deal you can get is 1.5 levels of Enhanced Move.

So lets go with that - 1.5 levels of Enhanced Move is 30 points. As per Power-Ups 4: Enhancements (and various other places), Cosmic, Retained Speed (+50%) is the enhancement that lets your Enhanced Move be used to calculate Step (along with several other things related to the weirdness of Enhanced Move).

+50% adds either 15 points or 20 points (depending on if you're going with a base Move of 5-6, or 7). With 20 points being closer to the "standard", which is where I'm more comfortable baselining things, that lines up with other attempts to price out an Extra Step.

This isn't a way to turn Enhanced Move 10 into A Bazillion Extra Steps, though - I wouldn't allow "Doesn't actually do anything except contribute to Step calculations, -100%" combined with that Cosmic on Enhanced Move, since Extra Step is so useful enough for linear pricing to be sensible.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote