View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #34
Omegonthesane

Default Re: My In Nomine wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
One page in the core rulebook, yes.
Be fair - they both get their subsections in APG/IPG too, as Rocket Man cited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Besides what Rocket Man and Omegonthesane have mentioned, some suggestions for actually playing one of the unfledged (either as a PC - some folks are just that wacky - or an NPC) would be in order. What sorts of missions are they sent on? For that matter, are they sent on missions at all, or are they like Saints in that they choose what to do? Why don't they need Vessels or hosts to operate on Earth when every other Celestial does (including AAs and DPs)? How do they advance? How do they work with Corporeals, Ethereals, or other Celestials? (For that matter, do they work at all with Ethereals or other Celestials?)
They'd better be able to work routinely with other Celestials - "real" PCs can buy them as Servants...

More seriously, APG and IPG do give example un-fledged "PCs" and what they do with their lives, including a Gremlin of Nightmares whose purpose in life is to be The Monster Under The Bed in some subset of Earth, manifesting celestially to fill children with primal fear.

I would generally envision most unFledged being put on low-risk, low-skilled assignments - things "anyone can do" more often than not, because neither side has the manpower to waste the talents of the fully Fledged on mundane things.

I don't believe it ever explains why relievers and imps/gremlins are an exception to the rule about celestial forms being booted back to the celestial realm or Limbo after a certain length of time without Vessel-ifying. Forced to come up with an explanation, I would say something about how Fledging draws the Symphony's notice and annoyance, but I'd be more inclined to just drop that rule if it requires special exceptions to let the unfledged go around not having Vessels. The local table already had before I joined it.
Omegonthesane is offline   Reply With Quote