View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #13
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: A sack of DFRPG questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post

Again though, I really don't see how this party is getting past the first encounter in order to ever benefit from this. I suppose that instead of cash, Moneybags could start with enough gear for an entire party that just coincidentally matches the needs of his new naked friends but even then they'll need to equip in the midst of a fight (though honestly I would be inclined to have him pick gear without input from the other PCs in that case).
The DFRPG (which is the subject of this forum) supposes that starting gear and money are "just there" – there's no need to shop for it, so you can start your first adventure at once. While it might be amusing to mess with the players, it would probably be best not to. Remember that while GURPS is a full-spectrum RPG, the DFRPG sets aside social complexities to get to the action. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with everybody pooling their money and starting with whatever they all agree to spend it on. Even if you include social complexities, they might be a long-established mercenary unit with a successful captain, family with a rich matriarch or patriarch, criminal crew with a wealthy mastermind, etc., and the first adventure is merely the first "on screen" adventure in a longstanding association.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote