View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #44
Bruno

Default Re: Knowing Your Own Strength - Tank Smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
If you move to the ST30 = 10d of damage (avg 35 damage prior to bonuses), you just have too much damage for the number of HP.

Having numbers in a narrow range feels workable if there's a chart to rescale the DR and weapon damage of equipment.
That's a reason why I'm adverse to drastically changing the damage progression - it's a good idea for a 5e-style edition change, not so much for a "Slot this in with minimal effort at character creation" kind of module.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific View Post
So if you want to treat that as a genre specific Advantage, you could just create something like:

Super Strength [50/level] Each level multiplies ST as follows:

Level 1 = *1.5
Level 2 = *2
Level 3 = *3
Level 4 = *5
Level 5 = *7
Level 6 = *10

Every six more levels multiplies ST by ten again. This increases ST both for damage and calculating BL as well as giving the character equivalent damage reduction.

Striking only would cost 25/level, Lifting Only 15/level, Damage Reduction only would cost 10/level.

If that seems too cheap just up the cost per level. Try to stick to a multiple 10 so it is divisible by 5 and 2.
(While we're redoing everything, please for the love of little appleberries, can change it to "Injury Reduction" instead of "Damage Reduction"? Most confusing name choice ever.)

The problem I have with this is the same as the problem I have with Enhanced Move, and I really have with Enhanced Move with Second Nature - there are now two scales for buying attributes again. It smells of the 3e problem where you have an orc with ST 15 and a human with ST 15 and they each paid different amounts for it.

Blech. Blech. Blech. It feels dirty. it feels REALLY dirty because it doesn't have any guidelines about when you buy regular ST vs Super ST, so you end up with situations where you've bought (eg) 6 levels of Super ST, and buying one level of regular ST for 10 points now gives you +100 ST. Should that be right?
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote