View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #6
Varyon

Default Re: Martial Arts and Claws

Claws and suitably-themed Strikers and Natural Weapons (those on the hands and feet) should be readily usable with Karate, although if such Advantages are extremely rare (such that there is unlikely to be many/any styles incorporating them) it may be appropriate to require a Perk. Personally, I allow for a Monstrous Combat Perk to be able to use all Natural Weapons and the like (including teeth, horns, etc) with Karate. For an Under the Hood look, this is functionally Skill Adaptation (Brawling techniques default to Karate).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
By strong implication, though, Boxing still doesn't. I seem to recall this coming up somewhere when we were sorting out Martial Arts 2100. Basically, Boxing striking forms don't exploit claws very well. A race with claws will presumably tend to develop styles incorporating Karate rather than Boxing.
I always think of Boxing as being "Punch-only Karate." So long as Claws are common enough to have been incorporated into a few styles (or one big one), I see no issue with allowing Boxing to make use of them. At worst, a Perk should suffice.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote