View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #43
Icelander

Default Re: [MA] Silent Sentry Removal

I'm super sorry that sentry removal is not an important skill in a modern tactical environment, as I was really good at it as a junior Boy Scout. I could infiltrate the inner sanctum of the OpForce and rescue a hostage even if there were four sentries in the way that I had to tap on the jugular with my knife handle while I grappled them to silence.

But as with other boyish things, I've had to accept that they are less useful in the real world than they were in adolescent fantasies.

It doesn't mean that PCs can't perform them in cinematic games, but in any kind of realistic game set in the modern world, characters are usually better off mastering other things.

The way I was taught to do it pretty much matches Fairbairn. Choke Hold + Knife Stab to Neck Veins/Arteries, with or without a Neck Stab to rear Vitals (kidneys) first. Follow up with Choke Hold until he stops moving and as many Knife attacks to the Neck as you need to stop the foe from trying to make noise. You generally stab all the way inside and then draw the knife out through the Vein/Arteries on the other side, so Stab (or two) followed by Cut.

Last edited by Icelander; 11-08-2014 at 10:59 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote