View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #10
RedDragon

Default Re: GURPS 3e & 4e Metal Gear Solid

I created a 100 MW laser, then realized it was ludicrously overpowered (I think it had a Max range of 1,000,000 or something), so I just used the Med. Laser Cannon.

The MG Wiki says it fires AGM-129 ACM missiles. According to Wikipedia, the thing is 2 and a half feet wide. I can't really see how else to stat it up, so suggestions and ideas are welcome. I created this thread just so that people can have workable, detailed stuff for Metal Gear campaigns, so I don't need the fixes for a campaign of my own (I'm not planning on running one, at least for a while), but factual stats are appreciated for posterity.

As for the nuke damage, is the 4e revised explosive damage the same as the 3e explosive damage? This stat block is for 3rd edition, so if the damage stated in GURPS Vehicles pp.108-109 is accurate for 3e, I don't think I'll change it.

I think next on the list is a 3e Metal Gear RAY (not sure how to do the water cutter though... Liquid Projector or Laser w/ some rule changes), then maybe 3e & 4e versions of Solid Snake (probably gonna be 450+ points for the first 2 MG & MGS games [lighter and lacquer spray flamethrower implies he has Gadgeteer] , and significantly lower for MGS4, as it seemed a bit less cinematic to me.)

Last edited by RedDragon; 07-06-2015 at 12:20 PM.
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote