View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #8
RedDragon

Default Re: GURPS 3e & 4e Metal Gear Solid

I changed it, is it more legible now? Sorry, it was my first post. Also, tbrock1031, if you Google the aforementioned Metal Gear Wiki and type in "REX" you can see pictures of it, or just search "Metal Gear REX" and you will get tons of images. I personally recommend playing at least MGS1 (there is a PC port available) or MGS1: The Twin Snakes (A remake with enhanced graphics on the Gamecube).

Finally, I'm aware 3rd edition is outdated, but the Spaceship design system didn't seem specific enough for something like a Metal Gear. Thanks for the 4e stats, Ryujin. I'm hoping to create a bunch of GURPS Metal Gear stuff independant of what version of GURPS you use. I still use the 3e books, because I don't have the money right now to invest in the 4e ones. The MTHEL-FE irks me a bit, as in the game it is a continuous beam rather than a series of 4 shots. Oh well. My version of REX's Railgun is a launch tube, as a 705mm gun would weigh far too much. The fact that it is electromagnetic is simply a special effect in these statistics.

The weapon statistics I took from the Metal Gear Wiki, as well as Wikipedia (The rotary cannon and both types of missiles exist in real life, after all), and tried to get their statistics as close as possible by fudging the numbers a bit.

Last edited by RedDragon; 07-06-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: New Information
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote