View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #10
namada
Banned

Default Re: The High TL Advantage is game-unbalancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarone714 View Post
I am running a TL 10 Space/Cyberpunk game. Two of my players bought +2 TL for 10 points to make them TL 12.
The rules issues have been clarified, but ultimately this is your problem, as others have also pointed out. If your setting is TL10, where do these TL12 characters come from? Just because a Trait is in the Basic Set doesn't mean that it's available in this specific campaign. If the maximum TL is 10, then you, as GM, should have forbidden the High TL advantage from entering play, as such characters simply don't make sense within the setting. It's also possible that the "story" you intend to tell doesn't have room for High TL characters, so that's another possible reason for you to feel free to forbid the advantage.

Granted - you do need to inform your players before character creation what is and isn't available. This is an incredibly important step in campaign design, and I'd argue vital for those new to GURPS. Enforced Template use can be one way to handle this, or you can just make a list and cover special cases of Traits in that list.
namada is offline   Reply With Quote