View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Random Mutants and powers

It is an interesting book, but it does not translate well to GURPS because of the nature of the powers. I would suggest a different approach for random mutant power assignment.

I would suggest that every mutant possesses (1d+2)/2 (rounded down) Powers, with each mutant rolling (1d+2)/2 (rounded down) for their level in the Talents for their Powers (meaning that mutants would have between 1-4 Powers, with between 1-4 levels of Talent for each Power). Each mutant would possess (1d+2)/2 (rounded down) Abilities within each Power, with each mutant rolling (2d*10) for the number of character points invested in each Ability (meaning that mutants would have between 1-4 Abilities per Power, with between 20-120 points per Ability). I would roll 1d to determine if the mutant possess Super Strength, with a '6' meaning that they would end up with ST 20 and 2d-2 levels of Super Strength. Finally, I would roll 1d to determine if the mutant possesses Damage Reduction, with a '6' meaning that they would end up with DR 10 and Damage Reduction 2d-2 (Damage Reduction 1 is meaningless, so I would suggest increasing DR by 10 on a result of Damage Reduction 1).
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote