View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 11:21 AM   #3
Gnome

Default Re: DF 9: Void/Sound/Ether Elemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
Page 30, the template for the VSE Elemental.

As part of it's standard template, the Elemental has Flight (Temp disad: Noisy 5, -10%) [36] and Injury Tolerance (Diffuse) [100].

Adding the Nothingness Lens, it gains Insubstantiality [80] and doesn't remove or modify either of the Advantages listed above.
That's weird. I hadn't noticed that before.
Quote:
Insubstantial and Diffuse overlap a lot in benefits and Insubstantial seems to take away the disadvantages of Diffuse.

Also, Insubstantial creatures can float quietly about, so the Noisy Flight is pointless except for the increased Air move.
Agreed.
Quote:
I'd just drop Flight and Injury Tolerance, but the loss of Flight means the Speed increase for the Nothingness template is nearly wasted.
I disagree. Basic Speed still affects Move and Dodge, which is basically what it does for everyone else.
Quote:
Thoughts, suggestions?
I like your idea of just dropping IT and Flight. I'm not really sure what the authorial intent was for that lens, but I agree with you that IT and Flight are both mostly useless once you have Insubstantiality. The Speed increase seems fine, though. Speed 5 is much better than 4.
Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote