View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
David L Pulver
AlienAbductee

Default Re: Would Triplanetry be useful for THS or general Spaceships combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Obviously the game's built-in setting isn't THS, but could the vector combat system be useful? I've never seen or played the game, and the Kickstarter video doesn't say how it works.
I've thought it would work. First you could the map as a visual aid for long-distance chases. You might want to change the turn length scale and come up with a conversion factor to better match particular THS delta-V and fuel capacities, but it should be possible to get some numbers that match it. Then, again, come up with a simple set of scaled conversions to get the combat factors and treat torpedoes as AKVs...

More ambitiously you could add special rules for various THS elements. After Triplanetary comes out, I've been tempted to suggest a Pyramid article with Triplanetary stats for the THS ship types...

(Huh. I suppose THS could have made a nice stretch goal for the kickstarter, if that had been thought of before hand: an inserted double-page rule/scenario sheet and/or small counter set for THS-style ship appearances and stats.)