View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
Curmudgeon

Default Re: Question about Fanaticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
If I take Fanaticism for something, that means that I will follow any moral code required for that. Do I get points for that as well?

For instance, take a Fanatic Franciscan who really follows their vow of poverty. Do they get points for Fanaticism and for DoF: Asceticism?
It depends. I would extrapolate from the text of Vow (p. B161) which states that if your Vow can be represented using a different disadvantage, you only get the points for one of them (but which one is your choice). Essentially, it's a specific note against double dipping. In your example, DoF: Asceticism is part and parcel of being a Franciscan, so it's also part and parcel of being a Fanatic Franciscan (as are the requirements of chastity and obedience), so you should take the points for one or the other but not both.

If, on the other hand, you were to adopt a moral code that was optional to what you're being Fanatic about, you could probably collect the points for both. For example, you could be a Fanatic Christian. As a fanatic Christian, you do not have to be in Holy Orders (the priesthood, a monastic or mendicant order, etc.) and as such, you do not have to take the vow of poverty, chastity and obedience. If you were to take the vow anyway, in that instance, you should be able to collect the points for DoF: Asceticism as well.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote