View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 01:19 PM   #89
The_Ryujin

Default Re: [Blog] n-Body Politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreios View Post
Continue reading...

This is me trying (and failing) to reproduce THS' railgun, and an alternative I built.

In so far as I know the only change Transhuman Space made to EM weapons was rule that when figuring WPS P is always 0.2.

This should make each round weigh 27.9lbs.... hmmmm wonder if David somehow made a mistake and made P 0.02....

But then again assuming each burst fires 10 shots a extremely long barreled EMgun firing a 27.9lbs shot does come up to 1,676MJ...

Also you can get the weight of the gun up to 21.6tons if you make it a TL10 (3rd scale), extremely long barreled gun with a heavy automatic action.

But for damage and other stats... yeah I get the same results as you.

So yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the railgun from Deep Beyond.

The weird thing is that personal scale EM weapons work just fine using Vehicles. The 15mm Emag rifle from main Transhuman Space book lines up perfectly.

Deep Beyond was written by David so the chances of its stats being a mistake are a lot less likely then if it was handled by another author.... Wonder if he found that giving railguns a G modifier of 4 was under cutting their performance vs real world examples at the time (a G of 16 seems to work). It also doesn't help that the combat system used by Transhuman Space abstracts things a bit....

So I guess add a new option for G called Railgun and give it a value of 16 is about the only option I can come up with ATM.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote