View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #86
The_Ryujin

Default Re: [Blog] n-Body Politics

Meant to write this last week but works been a bear >.>

So I see you're messing around with gyrocs in your latest posts. Coincidentally enough, I've been working on stating up a 4th ed version of the 30mm gyroc (which I hope to have out by Thursday, thank god I have tomorrow off heh).

Because of this I have the rules on how they work fresh on my mind, I've notice you've been kinda over thinking how they work.

Basically in 4th ed, if you dumb fire a gyroc you just use GUNS (GYROC). If you take an Aim Maneuver you can add the gyrocs Acc (if it has any) to your attack roll if your next maneuver is an Attack one.

If you fire a viper gyroc you need to take an Aim Maneuver to make a lock on roll. This is just a roll vs Artillery (Guided Missile) to make sure that you know how the controls work. To hit the target you just roll vs 10 plus the gyrocs Acc (if any) instead of your skill.

Of course that's not to say I'm not interested in some of your ideas as they are interesting.

Also to give you some more options, here's a little sneak peak at two options I'm adding to gyrocs in the post I'm working on:

High Velocity: 15mm and 30mm gyrocs are available in high velocity versions. These cost the same but trade increased kinetic impact for a greatly reduced range. Range for both types ranges drop to 500 yards but damage increases to 15d pi++ for a 15mm gyrocs and to 6d×5 pi++ for 30mm gyrocs.

Guidance Options

Laser-Homing: Adds +3 to the gyroc accuracy when making a GUNS (GYROC) roll but requires a target to be lased by a laser sight or designator. Ineffective if the target is covered by smoke, heavy fog, etc. Double the rounds cost.

Nano-Optic Guidance: Adds an nano-optic array to the gyroc with advanced optical tracking capability. Increases a gyrocs Acc by +3 when fired using GUNS (GYROC). Triple the rounds cost.

Oh and note that the price for a 15mm micromissle is wrong, it should be $20, not $50 dollars.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote