View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #24
Blind Mapmaker

Default Re: Most Useful GURPS Traveller Books from a GURPS Point of View

Only just managed to get my hands on the core book, ISW, Psionic Institutes (hey it's the only other 4th Edition book), Far Trader, Starports, First In and to get a bit of a background Beyond the Claw, Rim of Fire and Sword Worlds. I didn't have much time to read yet, but I wanted to give a heads-up to anybody who's also thinking about buying what they can before the license lapses:

The quality of the books is great. Optical character recognition through and through for easy copying of sections you need in your personal files. Art is great by GURPS standards and mostly non-generic, though you might get sick of rendered spacecraft pictures. File size is mostly on the low side with old Core Book hitting the high mark just under 30 MB. Layout is crisp, clean and looks good to print in case you'll never track down that elusive dead-tree version. The whole set also came in just shy of $100, which is quite decent.

All-in-all, I'll probably get another book or three, with Ground Forces and the Alien books the most likely ones. Heck, maybe I'll buy the whole set. They're really nice.