View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #34
Refplace

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
They could, certainly, but I see the five-volume set as a desirable functional feature. The way the content is configured, I can, without thinking about it at all hard, conceive of cases where four of the five books are in use by different players simultaneously rather than waiting to pass a single book around. I see that as a significant point in favor of the goal of ease of use.
I can too, depends on the books of course but Magic would easily and often likely make the rounds during a game.
Hmm wonder if Combat cards are a stretch goal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Combat and Game-mastering are probably together in a Campaigns type book. I bet you're right on magic and monsters. That leaves one mystery book. Since the game is "ready to play," I'm betting some sort of campaign, or series of encounters, or something like it.
Your probably right. I was thinking about the utility of a combat book being passed around at the table but Combat Cards would work too.
Or a common modifier chart.
Maybe a Dungeon book for the adventure? So you have rules for building and populating a dungeon as sort of a generic adventure?
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote