Thread: OGRE IN ITALY
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 03:19 AM   #56
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: OGRE IN ITALY

+++++++++++++
Leonidas reporting

Our automated factories have sent new models for the frontline. These models are nicknamed “Ogre miniatures Set 1”, and are ready to pour liquid fire to other enemy models nicknamed “Ogre miniatures set 1 (reverse colors).

For some inexplicable reasons, our new targeting system glows in the dark now, and similarly even the enemy’s targeting system seems suffering from the same issue.

Our mission was simple. Destroy the enemy HQ, while protecting ours. I believe the enemy had the very same orders.

Ogres Mk III were rushing, ramming, overrunning. Armors git 90% destroyed on both sides, and finally our Squads managed to take the enemy’s HQ.

++++++++++++

I got to say that I was extremely skeptical about the minis. First of all, i thought that the lack of unit info’s could have slowed down the game-flow. I am glad it didn’t.
I handed out some counters to my Ogre buddy as reference. It worked perfectly.

We agreed on no stacking rules. In the end, I believe that tacking may be used by placing counters under the minis. However, we wanted a full mini try on a GEV map.

The more we used the minis, the more we liked the impact on the map. The minis are nice to touch and move. Although regular counters are awesome, the minis do not jeopardize the sharpness of vectorial graphics Ogre offers.

The Ogres as minis are impressive. No questions. I am not sure if SJG will ever be able to cover all the Ogre marks with a correspondent mini, but an Ogre mini on the table looks incredibly cool.

The infantries are extremely cool too. The squads looks awesome, for example, while traversing woods or in the cities. This adds a lot to the game. Little soldiers that make the difference seems pretty epic. Not easy to assemble, well...extremely painful to assemble, I should say. Our fingers are sill hurting. However, infantry looks cool and that’s it.

The Command Posts are perfect. Some tiny pieces were hard to assemble, but I managed it.

The Heavy Tanks, GEV and Missile Tanks are perfect. Howitzers can actually turn their cannon if you do not glue them (same for Heavy Tanks too).

In the end, it worked perfectly. It looked great. This miniatures are a big value for not so much money. I am also very proud of my Ogre black polo shirt, by the way.

Great work guys, great work. I am glad I have them, and I will get mini set 2 as soon as it will be available on sale at the warehouse. As an international backer, I did not buy the mini set 2, as I wanted to check how set 1 looked on the map before ordering new stuff.

The glowing dice rolled fairly well. I am super-happy I have one for both sides.

This game is great, the minis are great. Thanks for sorting out the shipping issue for us Paneuropean!

Leonidas
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote