View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #95
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Hold Fire in Ogre/GEV

I'm not really sure either. You could have the rule stipulate only non-OGRE units can HOLD FIRE.

HOLD FIRE is simultaneous, which I think works very well because of that. (I would maybe add Infantry, Marines and GEVs get to attack first against units holding fire and their successful attacks are considered and any damage resolved before the units holding fire make their attacks). HOLD FIRE also does not happen as often as I thought it would.

When units are pursuing the OGRE, yes, it can grind forward and shoot them up when they approach...only IF it is holding it's fire. That only happens if it didn't fire in it's Fire Phase. That's another decision to make. So it's actually more things to consider. Likewise, the attacker has more to consider. How many of their units will HOLD FIRE? Where to maneuver them if they are or are not? All this must be considered against the enemy units doing the same.

It's an interesting idea that needs more playtesting.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 02-14-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote