View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Ogre/GEV counter sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Phil View Post
My next question concerning counter sheets is deceptively simple: how many counter sheets were included in the first two iterations of Ogre/GEV?

I refer here to the first version, in the flimsy box with the orange cover, and the second version, in the sturdier box with the black cover. The counter sheet(s) included had an unusual 187 counters. (I found pictures of both sides.)

The back of the second box said that 374 counters were included, which would mean two identical sheets, but in one of the BGG forums someone who opened up a presumably new box reported only one counter sheet, with respondents saying that the one sheet was sufficient for all the scenarios. The picture I have of this edition also shows only one sheet.
The 187 isn't all that unusual, just unique to that box (I remember thinking it was a bigger sheet than I was used to seeing when I got it )

I don't have an unpunched set, but going off the quantity of red/white Ogres I have, I'm 95% sure it's only a single sheet. I also find it unlikely the Black Box version had two counter sheets, but that's one that I don't have (and not likely to spend $100 to get it)

Last edited by GranitePenguin; 01-29-2018 at 11:10 AM.
GranitePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote