View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Snaps

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Altered Time Rate

I tend to play and run high powered games, so this advantage has come up a few times.

Questions that came up were things like:

Do I get all of my actions at the same time? Meaning if I have a Basic Speed of 10, do I get all of my actions before the slow pokes? I generally ruled that they did.

Questions about how many times you could All-Out Attack, Rapid Strike, or use Extra Effort (for things like Heroic Charge, etc.) Came up. Again, I usually put not restrictions on this.

We had one speedster in a game who could attack well over 15 times in a round. This was in a 500 point I-SWAT game, and he dropped all of his point into ATR (4 or 5 levels, I forget exactly). He would do things like rapid strike, and all out attack, giving him 3 or 4 attacks per ATR, for 15 - 20 attacks. We often just treated these like rapid fire attacks, making his opponent dodge each attack on one roll.

My understanding was that by default, anything you carried was under your effect, so if you had ATR 4, and a ROF 3 gun, you could shoot a total of 15 times in 1 second (assuming your gun held that much ammo).

I had one player make a slightly odd character. He was a Hengeyokai with 5 tails. Each tail had the ability to cast spells. Also, hunters would hunt his kind for their tails, as you could cut them off and they would enhance your magic. (Allowing you to cast more than once per round). I think he ended up with ATR, for casting only, with each tail being considered a gadget that could be forcibly removed. (And they were, he had all of them cut off at one point by a shaman, who added them to his staff.)

Probably wouldn't fly with a lot of GM's, but it was a high powered game, and it worked for us. (I think he was still the least powerful character in the group).

Those are just a few of my experiences, I think we had more. (I seem to remember someone who had them as cyberware. And I know another character built something like Celerity for a half-demon with ATR. ATR that cost a lot of fatigue, etc.)
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote