View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Altered Time Rate

I don't really like the way ATR gives 'back-to-back' maneuvers, leading to things like the oft-suggested 'AoAxN, then AoD' action sequence.

Relatedly, I want to once again point out that those back-to-back maneuvers can still be interrupted by others using Wait.

In some cases, it may be somewhat unclear how ATR interacts with equipment, and how much given durations depend on standard human speed versus performance versus hardware capabilities. Probably the easiest example is guns. For some guns, the RoF is 1 second of firing at the cyclic rate of the weapon, which means that logically it should be impossible for someone with ATR to fire more than that many rounds total in a second. For others, RoF is a function of how fast a normal person can operate the weapon, so the same limit clearly shouldn't apply...but it might still be physically dubious to unload an entire extended magazine from a handgun in under a second.

ATR as written in Characters does not actually result in the character experiencing extra time. They don't metabolize, age, etc. any faster.