View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 11:23 AM   #11
Mailanka

Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters 5: Applied Xenology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
BTW, I really like the aliens this book has in it. Great stuff. The only alien race I'm not keen on is the Nordics - I'm just not a big fan of Aliens Who Look Like Us.
I haven't looked over the book yet, but "Greys" and "Nordics" and "Reptoids" look to be heavily based on actual (or "actual") UFO encounters. Greys came to dominate after they featured on Close Encounters of the Third Kind... er, by coincidence, I'm sure. But before then, you had a pretty rough split between little grey men, little green men, big snake people, big lizard people, giant bugs, giants with mouths on their heads, little furry men that seemed hollow and metallic under their fur, giant moths and, of course, impossibly beautiful blond men who liked to condemn us for nuclear war and/or environmental disaster (They seemed to have been a buncha hippies).

Black Ops was all about killing all of them, naturally. Kenneth Hite would approve.

(If you already know all of this, I apologize. I don't mean to be condescending, I'm just taking an opportunity to talk about something that has fascinated me since childhood)