View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 06:27 AM   #7
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Details about Berlin spring/summer 2018 for Fate of Cthulhu game?

Good stuff...

The sort of thing I'm pondering. I've been to Paris several times and read any number of American moves to Paris and learns to love those wacky French books. So I could riff for a Parisian adventure on:

The cafes. The French who dress up to take their garbage to the building disposal. The homeless refugees that were ubiquitous around 2016 or so. The booksellers along the Seine. The way the entire city seems to empty in August. The bureaucracy. Etc. For CoC weirdness, start with the vast Parisan underground and move on from there.

Are there quintessential Berlin archetypes? I gather it does have an odd combination of lots of abandoned tunnels, bunkers, and so forth, with a high water table that is being continuously pumped into the canals.

And, PCs being PCs -- Police and policing? I gather there are both the city police and the federal police. How are they likely to respond to PC shenanigans? CCTV common? rare? London-level ubiquitous? Organized crime issues? I infer there are tensions given the large number of refugees that have been coming to the city.

Last edited by L.J.Steele; 05-10-2020 at 06:36 AM.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote